First Screenshots!

Oh man! People are actually going to see Koya Rift for the first time! Exciting stuff! Let’s get right down to it, I’ve quickly and sloppily taken a handful of images from a few minutes of gameplay earlier. Here they are:

CLICK THE IMAGES TO VIEW THEM AT THEIR INTENDED SIZE!

Classic above-ground view. The clouds are higher up, and there aren't enemies nearby right now.

It's about time this cute little crystal got what was coming to it.

This is me showing off the fancy particle smoke trails.

Epic duel in the caves!

This is how the awesome sear energy explodes. I forgot to take a decent screenshot of the depress energy, my bad.

Fighting up in the clouds at nighttime makes everything have a cool glowy look to it.

I think they both know how this one is going to turn out.

The first video footage will come in a few weeks.🙂

About sunnykatt

I'm an Indie Developer. I'm also an artist. Working on Koya Rift right now.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to First Screenshots!

1. Josh says:

I Love it! Looks AWESOME!

2. MelonYoshi says:

Holy. O__O That is looking amazing. My only problem is in the fifth screenshot, the cursor has an obvious outline, unlike most of the other graphics. Looks a little weird to me.

• sunnykatt says:

Thanks!
      The cursor does have an outline to make it more visible. By saying it looks weird, do you mean it looks wrong somehow? Is the outline too jagged or something?

3. Nick says:

Looks great! The fifth and sixth are my favorites. Great effects, I just hope it will run smoothly on my computer. What’s it made in?

@Your last post – The cursors outline is jagged, just add some transparent AA to the outside of it and you’re good to go.

• sunnykatt says:

Thanks! Yeah, I’ll AA the cursor a bit more later.

This is programmed in (believe it or not) GML, and it runs pretty smoothly on a normal system (HEAVY OPTIMIZATION!). I chose GML because I wanted to save time so I didn’t have to program rendering and collisions, and because I wanted to show people just how much GML is capable of.🙂

• Nick says:

Wow, amazing. I’m planning on getting back into GM soon, haven’t made any thing for a while.

4. SMP says:

Looks brilliant! Seems like you’ve made alot of progress.